Take a chance and connect with faculty, practitioners, content experts, and students to share tools; case studies; innovative lectures, labs, and studio exercises through short talks; hands-on activities; and workshops. Topics for Sessions and Workshops
- Material Life Cycles—How life cycles of resources and local relationships inform teaching and practice.
- Carbon Cycles—How to enhance understandings of carbon cycles in addition to energy as part of the design process.
- Nutrient Cycles—The food–energy–water nexus at the urban–periurban–rural interface for community and building design.
- Seasonal Cycles—Promote the design of buildings to benefit from or to withstand solar, wind, water, relative humidity, and other potentially changing climatic cycles.
- Strategies and Tools—Exemplary tools, methods, and design strategies that teach the importance of the wide range of environmental strategies in design and planning.
- Roundtable Discussions and Working Groups—“Hot” topics that might include case studies, book and grant proposals, promotion/tenure/mentorship issues, contributions to the 2050 Imperative, and so on.
Visit http://www.sbse.org/retreats/sbse-retreat-2018 for more details.